Sister from Brazil Reaching Out

I want to introduce you to Iara, a Sister from South America. Iara’s story is so powerful. God is truly working a miracle in her life! – Amy

reaching-one

My name is Iara. I’m 28 years old and from Brazil. I have been  a Christian for 20  years, but in the last few years God has brought me to a new level of hunger for Him.

I struggled to find truth and powerful messages to build me up in Christ while my husband and I searched for a church that would  preach the true gospel. In the meantime, by the mercy of God, we found powerful messages and spiritual food from the word of God through amazing teachers from the U.S., which gave us hope in a moment of extreme need.

I had the opportunity to hear Pastor Robert Morris of  Gateway Church on YouTube and was amazed with the revelation of the Word of God. As I kept searching and watching sermons and conferences from Gateway, I came to know Life.Church and Pastor Craig Groeschel, who is one of the greatest Bible teachers I’ve ever heard.

Soon, I felt a calling to bring these teachers’ knowledge to Brazil. My husband and I started a Facebook page when we realized  most people don’t have access to great studies because they don’t speak English. I started it with no pretension, hoping people would come together for the sole purpose of learning more about the Lord. We  wanted to reach believers and unbelievers to lead them into an intimate relationship with God. I don’t really know if or how I am making a difference. I just know that I was born to worship my Jesus and to live for Him.

Recently,  my husband and I  have been through the hardest time of our lives due to  severe financial hardship. Through this  financial struggle I’ve learned what’s really important in life, and the answer isn’t our material possessions. I’m overwhelmed at how amazing my husband is and what a man of God he is! This teaches me to be grateful.

The most difficult thing  is trying to find my place and purpose in the world with no job, no home church, and not having my small group. In the beginning I was “handling” it. I think as  time went by it started getting harder and harder, and I gave room to anxiety, fear, panic, and desperation. My anxiety even led to health issues with my heart and blood pressure.

I realize our God is bigger than any tribulation. I am  sharing my story so you can  understand the miracle He has performed recently. My husband and I started watching the Code Orange Revival at Elevation Church, where Pastor Craig Groeschel participated and gave an amazing word! For the first time in awhile, I witnessed God perform a miracle in my life! Now, God is reviving me day by day and giving me strength to overcome fear. I can positively say that the anxiety attacks  are absolutely over.  Jesus made me free of something that was stealing my life little by little. Now it’s gone..

God is  speaking to my heart, answering  questions regarding my purpose and what He expects from me. None of our exterior circumstances have actually changed, and that’s okay. Revival is Jesus with us—in the fire. I know my God will get me out of this situation. Until then, I will worship and call on Jesus to be with me in the midst of the troubles, in the midst of the fire.

One of my biggest needs right now is to find godly women in the church who will take the time to pray for me and pray with me and live life with me. I will keep looking! Will you take the time to pray for me in the meantime?

Sisters, let’s pray with and for Iara. Heavenly Father, thank you that your Word reaches out across the world and never returns void. Thank you for Iara, and her husband. Please bless their hunger for your Word and increase their influence in Brazil as they spread the good news! We ask that you supply Iara and her family with support through a  local community, and thank you for the Church as it equips believers worldwide to know and serve You.  Amen.

9 thoughts on “Sister from Brazil Reaching Out

1. Amanda says:

Hi Iara, I’m brazilian too and also found a “home church” on Life Church through http://www.life.church. If you live in São Paulo, there’s a home church for you. It’s called Projeto242. You can check their facebook page and their senior pastor is a long term friend of mine. It’s the best chuch I’ve ever been, with true gospel and a welcoming atmosphere. It’s not my current home church, but you can find people there willing to help you. Deus abençoe a sua vida! Life can be hard, but God is aways with us.

• iara says:

Oi Amanda! Acabei de ver seu comentário e é sempre bom saber que não estamos sozinhas nessa jornada de buscar ao nosso Deus. Moro em Brasília e ainda estou buscando o meu lugar, mas graças a Deus tenho muito apoio da minha família e marido. Deus já fez tanto desde que contei a minha história para a Life.Church Sisters e sei que Ele tem sempre mais para aqueles que O buscam! Deus te abençoe muito! Obrigada pelo seu comentário. 😘

• iaraschelb says:

2. Lauren says:

Thank you for sharing Lara’s story! I can relate to her story on so many levels, it was very refreshing to read. If we lived closer, I would hang out with her in a second! I will be praying for her and her husband. God is so very good!

• iaraschelb says:

Lauren, thank you for your kind words! I opened my heart completely in this one and it was refreshing for me too! It is amazing what God can do in our hearts just for sharing His work in us with others. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you! 😘

3. Kathryn J Patton says:

Lara, I want you to know I will be praying for you. Thank you for the beautiful testimony of continuing to do the next right thing in your walk of faith. We do not know what lies ahead but we have a gracious Father who knows and leads us moment by moment.

• iaraschelb says:

Kathryn, thank you so much for your comment and specially for your prayers. They’re highly welcomed and appreciated! So much has happened since I shared my story! God is amazing and I believe He is at work in my life in a special way. I keep believing in the God of miracles and seeking to know Him more and more and have hope for the future. Sharing my story with people like you played a great part in this process. God bless you! ❤️

4. Donna Witsberger says:

Iara
    Thank you for sharing your testimony. We have an online women’s LifeGroup that meets weekly at 6:30 pm CT on Tuesdays. I don’t know if that works for your timezone, but please email me and we could talk further.

dwitsberger@yahoo.com

In Him
    Donna

• iaraschelb says:

Donna, I’m sorry for the delay in my response! I just saw your comment. Thank you so much for the invitation. I’ll write to you right now so we can talk more and hopefully meet online! God bless you! ❤️